Here’s an easy recipe that’s best prepared in the microwave versus a conventional oven. A colorful blend of spices livens up the delicate strands of squash.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Recommended: 70 Best Ground Beef Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (4 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the cumin, salt, cinnamon and pepper sauce. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Toss with butter mixture and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices in Country Woman October/November 2009, p36