- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Halve squash lengthwise and discard seeds. Pierce skin with a fork or knife; lace, cut side down, in a microwave-safe dish. Add the water; cover and microwave on high for 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown sausage; drain. Add onion, green pepper, zucchini and garlic. Cook and stir, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Using a fork, scoop out the spaghetti squash strands; place in a serving dish. Top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpaghetti Squash Supper
"Good recipe—really like that the majority of ingredients is vegetables and not meat. I think the sausage plays a key role and important to get a great tasting one. Recipe is also very versatile, next time will omit the beans and add mushrooms. I agree with another reviewer to mix it all together prior to serving."
"Great recipe with lots of flavor that both my husband and I loved. It's just an extra bonus that it uses up some zucchini too!"
"My first attempt at spaghetti squash and it came out great! So easy and delicious! I added some yellow pepper too and used spicy sausage"
"Delicious, fast & easy!!! Loved it!"
"Delicious and easy! My son has never been fond of spaghetti squash, but he raved abot this dish! Definitely a keeper!"
"My family loved this! I didn't have the zuchini so used stir fry vegetables and it turned out great. This will become a frequently used recipe!"
"My children wouldn't even touch this, but my husband & I enjoyed it. It is plain and simple but good, and a good way to get lots of squash into you!"
"I made this tonight to use up a spaghetti squash. It was good! The spaghetti squash was interesting and healthier than pasta. I wasn't sure which sausage I was supposed to use -- and was afraid of accidentally ending up with breakfast sausage -- so I got the Johnsonville mild Italian ground sausage that comes in the tray, not the tube. Also added a chopped tomato, since I had some to use up. And left out the added salt; didn't miss it."
"Best way to use the abundant spaghetti squash harvest this year :) Thanks so much!"
"My husband and I LOVED this!!! He didn't start eating veggies til we got married, but after 3 years, he's hooked! So filling, but not at all heavy! And super easy! Will definitely be having it often!"