- 1 large spaghetti squash (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut spaghetti squash in half; discard seeds. Place cut side up on a microwave-safe plate; cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 9 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the carrot, onion, peppers and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add yellow squash and zucchini; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Reduce heat; add the tomatoes, corn, salt, oregano and thyme. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Separate spaghetti squash strands with a fork. Spoon vegetable mixture into squash; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpaghetti Squash Primavera
"Family enjoyed it."
"this is a family repeat recipe, have been making it for years from this magazine."
"Loved it. Would make again, since it's always hard to get in 5 servings of veggies a day."
"sevings for 4 but squash is cut in halfwhat are the nutritional values"
"This recipe was great. I had never had spaghetti squash before and now I totally love it. I ate half of it for a main course. It had a great flavor and the veggies were really crisp and flavorful. I will definately make this again."