- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pierce squash six times with a sharp knife. Place on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 7 minutes. Turn squash; cook 7 minutes longer. Cover with an inverted bowl; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, oil and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes are softened, stirring once. Stir in the basil, salt and pepper. Place broccoli, carrot and water in another microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add peas; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add to tomato mixture.
- Halve squash lengthwise; remove seeds. Using a fork, separate squash into strands; toss with tomato mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forSpaghetti Squash Medley
"This recipe is absolutely delicious! This is a great way to present spaghetti squash along with other fresh garden veggies. I encourage everybody to try this recipe."