Spaghetti Squash & Black Bean Tacos
Who knew that spaghetti squash could be so amazing stuffed inside tacos? This unique recipe is a whole new take on a classic! —Kayla Capper, Ojai, CA
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Guacamole, optional
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high 18-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add corn; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands; stir into skillet. Add black beans, salsa, onions, cilantro, pumpkin seeds, lime juice, garlic salt, cumin and salt; heat through. Serve with tortillas and, if desired, guacamole.