Spaghetti Squash & Sausage Easy Meal
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Place halves on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Add squash, pico de gallo, salt and pepper to sausage; heat through, tossing to combine.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cups: 326 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Aug 22, 2017
Extremely easy and delicious. It was a perfect weeknight meal and used some spaghetti squash from our garden. Make sure to use a flavorful Pico as that's where most of the flavor comes from.
Jul 9, 2017
To make this recipe I used the the smoked sausage I had in my freezer. The pico adds wonderful flavor to the spaghetti squash. One tip that may be helpful is to pierce the squash with a fork several times and microwave for 15-30 seconds so it is easier to cut in half.
Sep 21, 2016
Flavor excellent and it is easy to cook the squash in the microwave.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.