Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until spaghetti is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 24, 2015
Wonderful. Great taste. Will use it again.
Nov 17, 2012
This is one of the first recipes I tried from a subscription given by my Grandma ... quite a few years ago. It was my first experience with sausage in casings - do I take the meat out, or just mash it as it cooks?? Either way, it turned out great. I'm so so very happy I've found this recipe again!
Jul 31, 2012
I used all ground beef and canned diced tomatoes. I did not add mushrooms. This came out very moist -- almost soupy -- but was delicious.