- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with egg substitute and Parmesan cheese. Spread evenly into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Spoon over spaghetti. Top with mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forSpaghetti Pizza Casserole
"easy to make. I added extra sauce & it tasted great."
"Excellent. I've been making spaghetti pie for 30+ years and this is just wonderful. A great variation on an old time favorite. Thanks, Kim, for sharing a great recipe."
"Delicious! easy to make :)"
"Since I only feed two people I could make this in a smaller quantity---I did thirds---and it was great and fast."
"My spouse loves spaghetti, so this was a hit! It has good flavor."
"I grew up alsways making extra spaghetti noodles when we had big pasta dinner night. We would bag the extra noodles up in a zip lock with a drizzle of oil, and the next day we would make Spaghetti pie, which is identical to this recipe. The whole concept is VERY flexible, I have started making it and realized I was low on mozzerella, so topped it off with some chedder jack. I have also made it and tossed in a couple crumbled meatballs, or one one occasion a thin layer of riccota. This is a terrific way to freshen up leftovers. "
"this recipe sound nice, but i really want to know what egg substitute is thank u.imanova"
"RE: Printing recipes When you click on "print recipe" you'll get an opttion of the size you want. Then on your own printer options, just choose 1 page or highlight what you want, then choose selection, then print. It's really quite easy. LuJur 610"