Spaghetti Pizza Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with egg substitute and Parmesan cheese. Spread evenly into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Spoon over spaghetti. Top with mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 274 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Aug 16, 2014
Easy to make. I added extra sauce & it tasted great.
Oct 20, 2013
Excellent. I've been making spaghetti Pie for 30+ years and this is just wonderful. A great variation on an old time favorite. Thanks, Kim, for sharing a great recipe.
Mar 13, 2013
Oct 21, 2010
Delicious! Easy to make :)
Mar 18, 2010
Since I only feed two people I could make this in a smaller quantity---I did thirds---and it was great and fast.
Feb 27, 2010
My spouse loves spaghetti, so this was a hit! It has good flavor.
Apr 26, 2009
I grew up alsways making extra spaghetti noodles when we had big pasta dinner night. We would bag the extra noodles up in a zip lock with a drizzle of oil, and the next day we would make Spaghetti Pie, which is identical to this recipe. The whole concept is VERY flexible, I have started making it and realized I was low on mozzerella, so topped it off with some chedder jack. I have also made it and tossed in a couple crumbled meatballs, or one one occasion a thin layer of riccota. This is a terrific way to freshen up leftovers.
Apr 26, 2009
This recipe is actually an old stand by for me. I always make extra pasta and sauce at spaghetti dinners, and the next day we have spaghetti pie!! A great way to use the leftovers
Apr 9, 2009
this recipe sound nice, but i really want to know what egg substitute is thank u.imanova
Apr 4, 2009
RE: Printing recipes When you click on "print recipe" you'll get an opttion of the size you want. Then on your own printer options, just choose 1 page or highlight what you want, then choose selection, then print. It's really quite easy. LuJur 610
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.