Spaghetti Pizza Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with egg substitute and Parmesan cheese. Spread evenly into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings; heat through.
- Spoon over spaghetti. Top with mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 274 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 16, 2014
Easy to make. I added extra sauce & it tasted great.
Oct 20, 2013
Excellent. I've been making spaghetti Pie for 30+ years and this is just wonderful. A great variation on an old time favorite. Thanks, Kim, for sharing a great recipe.
Mar 13, 2013
Oct 21, 2010
Delicious! Easy to make :)
Mar 18, 2010
Since I only feed two people I could make this in a smaller quantity---I did thirds---and it was great and fast.
Feb 27, 2010
My spouse loves spaghetti, so this was a hit! It has good flavor.
Apr 26, 2009
I grew up alsways making extra spaghetti noodles when we had big pasta dinner night. We would bag the extra noodles up in a zip lock with a drizzle of oil, and the next day we would make Spaghetti Pie, which is identical to this recipe. The whole concept is VERY flexible, I have started making it and realized I was low on mozzerella, so topped it off with some chedder jack. I have also made it and tossed in a couple crumbled meatballs, or one one occasion a thin layer of riccota. This is a terrific way to freshen up leftovers.
Apr 26, 2009
This recipe is actually an old stand by for me. I always make extra pasta and sauce at spaghetti dinners, and the next day we have spaghetti pie!! A great way to use the leftovers
Apr 9, 2009
this recipe sound nice, but i really want to know what egg substitute is thank u.imanova
Apr 4, 2009
RE: Printing recipes When you click on "print recipe" you'll get an opttion of the size you want. Then on your own printer options, just choose 1 page or highlight what you want, then choose selection, then print. It's really quite easy. LuJur 610