Spaghetti Pizza Bake
Kids always go for this flavorful casserole, which is a cross between pizza and spaghetti.—Jackie Heyer, Cushing, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 28 pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. stir in salt and pepper; set aside. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and milk; stir in spaghetti. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce, beef mixture, pepperoni, mushrooms and olives; sprinkle with cheese (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 345 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Spaghetti Pizza Bake in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.