- 1 package (8 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpaghetti Pie Casserole
"I used a 24 oz can of spaghetti sauce. I think next time I will add some hot sausage to it like I do our usual spaghetti and kick it up a notch!"
"Amazing!! Yum yum yum! I will make this again and again! Yum yum yum!"
"Is this really supposed to be 8 ounces spaghetti? All boxes I see are 16oz. I decided to cook the whole box, but just use half and I think that was the right amount. I added a bit of italian seasoning, and used a 13x9 pan. My husband really liked this! I will make it again."
"We liked this a lot especially because it didn't call for mushroom soup like a lot baked spaghetti recipes.Cookinlovin if you want to submit a recipe please do so,but please just rate this recipe onits merit.Thank you Patricia for sharing your recipe."
"Layer into a large oval slow cooker - works great & keeps warm for serving. Use a liner and there's no clean-up!"
"Very good - will make again. I added italian seasoning, and used a large jar of spaghetti sauce (24 oz), and used hot italian sausage. Also used a 9 x 13 pan."
"This combination of ingredients seems strange (sour cream in spaghetti??) but it works -- this was an excellent recipe! I used all sausage, extra sauce and added some oregano...loved the two cheeses.. No left overs here!"
"This is very similar to my recipe except. Drain the noodles but don't rinse them. Add 2 TSBP butter to the hot noodles, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and one beaten egg. Mix well and it seems like it isn't going to be good but its great! Press into a pie dish or a baking dish. I use cottage cheese with parmesan cheese and some sweet basil seasoning for the center filling then top with spaghetti sauce of your choice and the last 10 minutes I add mozzarella cheese. It was a family favorite!"
"Used 24oz. pasta sauce and a little italian seasoning but made it as directed the rest of the way. Would not fit in 11x7" pan, used 13x9" and it was perfect. Took to a pot luck and everyone loved it ! Keeper recipe."
"I use my Homemade sauce. Yummy. Also a few other spices."