Spaghetti Hot Dish Recipe
My grandmother, mom and aunt inspired me to start cooking when I was a young girl. It's still a favorite pastime. This creamy, chow-mein-like casserole is sure to please.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, diced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/4 cups broken spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onions and celery in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add the milk, pimientos and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spaghetti; mix well.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 653 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti Hot Dish
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC