Spaghetti Hot Dish
My grandmother, mom and aunt inspired me to start cooking when I was a young girl. It's still a favorite pastime. This creamy, chow-mein-like casserole is sure to please.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, diced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/4 cups broken spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onions and celery in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add the milk, pimientos and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spaghetti.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 653 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Spaghetti Hot Dish in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.