Marybeth Wright of Maitland, Florida says it takes her only minutes to make this time-saving pasta toss. Leftover ham, canned ripe olives, sliced mushrooms and roasted red peppers lend plenty of flavor to the colorful combination of tastes.
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the ham, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the red peppers, olives, salt, basil and pepper.
- Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add the ham mixture and Parmesan cheese; toss. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Ham Toss in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p36