Spaghetti Crab Quiche
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/4 cups chopped imitation crabmeat (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Place spaghetti in a bowl; drizzle with butter. In another bowl, combine 2 eggs and Parmesan cheese. Pour over the spaghetti and toss to coat. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with crab, Swiss cheese and onion.
- In a bowl, lightly beat remaining eggs. Whisk in the cream, salt, pepper and cayenne if desired. Slowly pour into crust. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 334 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 240mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2010
Right now I am giving this 4 stars (instead of 5) because if the recipe is made exactly as written, there is too much filling for a 9" pan. Right now, some is spilling over in my oven- good thing I placed it on a cookie sheet before putting it in the oven. I will return later with a flavor rating after dinner. I do love all of the ingredients. Just need to see how good it is all together. I don't have a larger pie pan, so maybe next time I will decrease the ingredients slightly.