- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked fettuccine or pasta of your choice
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, basil, salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine the egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. In a skillet, cook chicken in butter on both sides until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, combine the spaghetti sauce, garlic salt and remaining oregano in a saucepan; heat through. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpaghetti Chicken Parmesan
"Served this for company last night and it was really moist and good. The only thing I did different was to dust the chicken in flour before dipping in egg and rolling in bread mix. I used a can of Traditional spaghetti sauce "as is" and served the remaining sauce in a pitcher to be used over the pasta (just plain old spaghetti) if desired. The only other thing needed for the meal was a salad and dessert. Sure had raves. Will definitely serve this again."
"This was very good. I did make two adjustments though....I flattened the chicken so it was crispier and added some heat with red pepper flakes. :)"
"This went together so quickly, very moist, and just delicious!"
"This was good, but my family prefers the version I've been making for years."
"Loved the chicken seasoning. Really added to the taste."
"Very tastey!! I baked mine covered at 350 for about 25 min, instead of cooking in skillet; then spooned sauce on top, plus cheese and baked uncovered till cheese melted."
"This is hands down a favorite!! The chicken is amazing! I use seasoned salt and make my own sauce, but you will be asked for this recipe from everyone you serve it to. Thank you!"
"You can't cook this in 20min. but you can do the prep.in20min. Cook time depends on how thick the chicken in how hot your pan is ect...Manis7"