Spaghetti Beef Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in two large skillets, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the soups, water and mushrooms.
- 2. Drain spaghetti. Add spaghetti and 1 cup cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
1 piece: 434 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Spaghetti Beef Casserole
"This was good and easy for a week night meal. I only made half of the recipe. I omitted the water and used a can of diced tomatoes with oregano and rosemary. I also used ground beef and Italian sausage. I wasn't too sure about using cheddar cheese, so I used cheddar to mix into the casserole, but topped it with a 6 mix Italian white cheese. This is a versatile casserole and my family enjoyed it."
"Made half batch and will be using recipe again. I recommend whole wheat spaghetti which is usually too tough for my taste but ended up working perfectly with the double cooking. Not at all soggy like others experienced, so I will stick with the whole wheat in the future. Added 1 t. Italian seasoning and a can of roasted tomatoes but still not flavorful enough for me. Next time want to add canned green chilies and more spices to help up the flavor ante. (You can cut out the water altogether if you use canned tomatoes with their juices like I did. I added a 1/4-1/3 cup water but ended up a tiny bit soupy so will omit liquid altogether next time.) An easy pleasy recipe that I will be keeping on hand and will definitely make again."
"I enjoyed this recipe,you have everything you need for this one in your pantry. I gave the second one away and they enjoyed it to. Thank You for the recipe. LeeAnn Treacher"
"Too much canned soup for someone who is on a low sodium diet and didn't sound too Italian."
"Good family dinner"
"This makes a nice, comfort food dinner for a weeknight or Saturday. Since it uses condensed soups instead of spaghetti sauce, it is easier on the stomach for those of use who have heartburn as well as producing a different flavor for a nice change. I asked my 2 boys if they thought spaghetti sauce would be better, but they said no, it is fine as it is."
"Whoa! Sorry to be so harsh, but this was disgusting. I would not want to mislead anyone that this could possibly be worth the groceries, time and mess.. I will unthaw the second casserole and toss it. So bland, mushy, eeeh. My kids pushed it around with their forks and I was upset with them until I took 2 bites. All plates dumped in sink and we ordered pizza. Have I made my 1 star rating clear?"
"Who's! Sorry to be so harsh, but this was disgusting. I would not want to mislead anyone that this could possibly be worth the groceries, time and Mrs. I will unthaw the second casserole and toss it. So bland, mushy, eeeh. My kids pushed it around with their forks and I was upset with them until I took 2 bites. All plates dumped in sink and we ordered pizza. Have I made my 1 star rating clear?"
"it was very boring and bland."
"Pretty good, but the recipe could definitely use more tomato in it. Some extra spices would add a lot to it as well."
"Delish! No changes necessary."
"i found the sauce to taste kinda like what it was - canned soup, so i added a can of diced tomatoes and some italian seasoning to give it some spaghetti flavor since it didn't have any at all. i also used mozzarella cheese on top instead of the cheddar which i found more suitable since it is spaghetti. next time i'll use fresh mushrooms since i'm not a fan of canned ones. this dish has great potential, a good base recipe."
"This was very good and I will definitely make this again"
"This was delicious and convenient recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"My family loved this spaghetti....great flavor and very easy to throw together! Will make this one of our new favorites! I added some seasonings, like black pepper and creaole seasoning to boost up the flavor, also used fresh mushrooms instead of canned."
"made this for a family get-together and got lots of raves!! i added sliced italian sausage to the mixture too."
"Tryed this and couldn't eat enough of this. It's just TOO good."