Soy Shrimp with Rice Noodles
Rice noodles come in a variety of thicknesses, similar to Italian pastas like fettuccine, linguine and vermicelli. Use whichever shape you prefer in this so-easy Asian inspired dish. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) thin rice noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, adding the edamame during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in 2 tablespoons oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain noodle mixture; add to skillet. Stir in the soy sauce, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 444 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.