Soy Good Snack Mix
A tasty takeoff on popular party munchies, this medley stirred up by our Test Kitchen blends nutritious roasted soybeans with crunchy cereal. Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and garlic powder combine for the zesty coating. You'll want to make extra batches of this mix, since handfuls disappear fast!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Multi-Bran Chex
- 1/2 cup dry roasted soybeans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and soybeans. Combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and garlic powder; drizzle over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to two ungreased 15x10x10-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 255 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Soy Good Snack Mix in Light & Tasty June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.