A tasty takeoff on popular party munchies, this medley stirred up by our Test Kitchen blends nutritious roasted soybeans with crunchy cereal. Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and garlic powder combine for the zesty coating. You'll want to make extra batches of this mix, since handfuls disappear fast!
Recommended: 40 Tasty Snacks That Are (Surprisingly) Low-Calorie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Bran Chex
- 1/2 cup dry roasted soybeans
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals and soybeans.
- Combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and garlic butter; drizzle over cereal mixture and mix well. Transfer to two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 10-in. baking pans. bake at 250° for 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Soy Good Snack Mix in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p55