These yummy broiled scallops are also a great source of vitamin B12 and heart-healthy minerals such as magnesium, helpful in keeping your heartbeat steady. —April Korando, Ava, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the scallops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place remaining marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread scallops onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts3 scallops: 250 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Ginger Honey Scallops in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.