Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a bowl or dish. Add the scallops; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place remaining marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread scallops onto 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts3 scallops: 250 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
May 24, 2019
With my Midwestern seafood options here, I had to sub bay scallops. First bite was mollusk-y, then the marinade began to pop through with each bite after, making the scallops more tolerable. ...Not too bad if one wants to eat healthy.
Jan 11, 2019
Easy preparation, fantastic flavor, low calorie and heart healthy! All the ingredients of a winning recipe in my book! Made exactly as written. The soy/honey/ginger marinade/sauce is perfect. Too easy and delicious for this not to make repeat performances on my dinner table!