These yummy broiled scallops are also a great source of vitamin B12 and heart-healthy minerals such as magnesium, helpful in keeping your heartbeat steady. —April Korando, Ava, Illinois
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the scallops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place remaining marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread scallops onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Soy-Glazed Scallops in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012, p93