Southwestern Watermelon Salad
Cilantro, jicama and lime give this refreshing fruit salad created by our Taste of Home Test Kitchen a Southwestern kick.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups cubed peeled mangoes
- 1/2 cup diced peeled jicama
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, mangoes, jicama, onion and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, vinegar, lime zest, salt and cayenne. Pour over fruit mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 81 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Southwest Watermelon Salad in Backyard Living July/August 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.