Southwestern Veggie Wraps
From Seaside, Oregon, Rebekah White shares, "I developed this recipe to use up an excess of garden-grown zucchini, peppers and corn. It is fast and easy to assemble, with loads of flavor and color."
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, zucchini, 2/3 cup water, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with salsa and sour cream. Roll up.
1 each: 303 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Nov 5, 2011
Not Terrible, but not really great either.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC