Southwestern Veggie Wraps
From Seaside, Oregon, Rebekah White shares, "I developed this recipe to use up an excess of garden-grown zucchini, peppers and corn. It is fast and easy to assemble, with loads of flavor and color."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, zucchini, 2/3 cup water, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with salsa and sour cream. Roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.