Southwestern Turkey Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Pour half of the turkey mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with remaining turkey mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 400 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Mar 25, 2010
I made the recipe exactly as-is. It was convenient because it used up a bunch of leftovers I had on hand. I found it to be very bland however, and wouldn't make it again without changing it up.
Dec 9, 2009
I made this with left over cornish hens and my kids gobbled it up! Didn't realize it was 2 servings so will double from now on. I didn't have green chilies but plenty of salsa on hand so I put it in and it was awesome. I will try with chicken or even tuna.
Dec 5, 2009
This is the best recipe even with leftovers. I would highly recommed with tostito's as a side dip. Delicious !!
Jun 14, 2009
We just love this recipe. Hubby actually requests it. I admit I have changed it up a little. I use leftover chicken instead of turkey, I have used leftover homesalsa instead of the green chilies and onion (the best so far), I have also used a can of drained Rotel tomatoes instead of the green chilies and onion. Tonight it is leftover chicken and a jar of drained salsa. Can't wait.J Ferguson from Texas
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.