Southwestern Turkey Bake Recipe
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute onions and jalapenos in butter until tender. Stir in turkey, soup, sour cream and spinach. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the turkey mixture, cheese and tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 500 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Turkey Bake
"For some reason mine ended up pretty soupy... It tasted fine, just an off texture. I don't know why though! If anyone has any ideas or had a similar experience...let me know what makes it work better!"
"Made this today for the second time. I used broccoli instead of spinach. I freeze my own broccoli so had it on hand. I made this in two casserole today and gave one to a friend. She really liked it and wanted the recipe!!!! A keeper for my family."
"great. i added a can of pinto beans (rinsed). a little too much onion but otherwise great."