Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) yellow hominy, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil. Add onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 261 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 27, 2012
Very tasty! I wanted to stretch the recipe so I doubled it and added 1 1/2 C. of pearl barley and 4 1/2 C. of water.
Jan 14, 2011
LOVE this stew- always double it because it goes quickly. Definitely recommend- super easy & tasty!
Jun 14, 2009
I love this and so does everyone that eats it. I used salsa verde instead of green chilies which gave it a nice but mild kick. I also used sweet corn instead of hominy. Other than that, I left the recipe as is and it came out great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.