Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) yellow hominy, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork in oil. Add onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 261 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 27, 2012
Very tasty! I wanted to stretch the recipe so I doubled it and added 1 1/2 C. of pearl barley and 4 1/2 C. of water.
Jan 14, 2011
LOVE this stew- always double it because it goes quickly. Definitely recommend- super easy & tasty!
Jun 14, 2009
I love this and so does everyone that eats it. I used salsa verde instead of green chilies which gave it a nice but mild kick. I also used sweet corn instead of hominy. Other than that, I left the recipe as is and it came out great.