Southwestern Squash Medley Recipe
Canned green chilies give mild-flavored squash a little zip in this flavorful side dish.
- 4 cups sliced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 4 cups sliced yellow summer squash (about 3 small)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Additional sour cream, optional
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the zucchini, yellow squash, onion and water. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes, stirring once; drain well. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, chilies, pimientos and salt; stir in cheese.
- 2. In an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish, layer half of the squash mixture, half of the sour cream mixture and half of the tortilla chips. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 7-9 minutes or until heated through, turning dish once. Garnish with additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 251 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Squash Medley
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC