I came up with this attractive side dish when my best friend unexpectedly stayed for dinner. While my husband grilled pork chops, I perked up potatoes with tasty taco fixings. The results received rave reviews. This recipe is even quicker to fix with leftover baked potatoes. —Penny Dykstra Porterville, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- Pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender. Cool slightly; peel and cut into 1/8-in. slices.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in a greased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Repeat layers. Top with onions and olives.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Apr 27, 2014
Easy, foolproof, and tasty!! You can be creative and add things like ground beef to make it a main course, or double the recipe for a crowd. Can't go wrong with this family fave. It's also too affordable not to make it often!