Southwestern Spoon Bread Recipe
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, stir together all ingredients except last two. Pour half the batter into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with chilies and cheese. Pour remaining batter over all. Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes or just until set. Serve warm with a spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 271 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Spoon Bread
"very good recipe!!!"
"This is a great recipe, just make sure you reserve enough batter to cover the top."