Southwestern Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, salad dressing and cumin.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, beans, mushrooms, pepper, onion and bacon. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with eggs. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 169 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 25, 2013
This is the best Salad recipe! I love to make this for supper on hot summer nights when it is too hot to cook. Serve this with some crust bread and there you go a quick easy supper. Everyone has asked for this recipe that has tryed it. Delish!
May 5, 2010
My new favorite salad...try it with grilled chicken, even better!
Jan 28, 2009
I've made this wonderful salad several times and everyone that tries it loves it.