Southwestern Shell Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding corn during the last 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place the pasta and corn in a large bowl; add the beans, yellow pepper, tomatoes, onion and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, cilantro, cumin, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 164 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
I really enjoyed this salad. It was very refreshing & the cumin added a lot of great flavor. Definitely different than other southwestern salads that I've done, but this is a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.