When we have leftover roast beef, I like to make these tasty grilled sandwiches that get their zip from pepper Jack cheese and green chilies.—Stephanie Stokley, Springfield, Missouri
Recommended: 50 Cowboy Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 slices cooked roast beef (2-1/4 ounces each)
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 canned whole green chilies, halved
- Butter one side of each bread slice. On the unbuttered side of two slices, layer the beef, cheese and chilies; top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- In a large nonstick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray, toast sandwiches for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Roast Beef Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p19
Reviews forSouthwestern Roast Beef Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review