Southwestern Rice Bake Recipe
Whenever I have a hard time planning dinner, my husband requests his favorite bake. Often, I use it as an entree, served with warm tortillas. Other times, I eliminate the meat and present it as a spicy side dish.
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced ripe olives and chopped tomatoes and green onions, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, beef, sour cream, 3/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, chilies, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with olives, tomatoes and onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 612 calories, 36g fat (23g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Rice Bake
Reviewed May. 17, 2013
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2010
"Delicious and so easy! I love one dish meals."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC