Southwestern Rice Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes and green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, beef, sour cream, 3/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, chilies, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with olives, tomatoes and onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 612 calories, 36g fat (23g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
May 17, 2013
We like this, but I used 1/2 pound of ground beef with 1/2 large onion and taco seasoning in place of the called for plain ground beef. I forgot the green onions, but added the black olives with the rice mixture and baked it. We ate it with fresh, diced tomatoes on top. Very good!
Dec 20, 2010
Delicious and so easy! I love one dish meals.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.