Southwestern Rice and Bean Salad
This salad has a definite Mexican influence with the beans and picante sauce. I've made it for many get-togethers, and it's been well-received.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 126 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Southwestern Rice and Bean Salad in Country June/July 1994