Southwestern Pork Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked pork strips
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, toss pork, beans, olives, onion, green pepper and tomato. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over pork mixture; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 450 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 8g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Pork Salad
"Excellent recipe. I use green olives rather than black. You can made it with whatever veggies you want."