- 1 package (1 pound) small shell pasta
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the vinegar and toss to combine. Stir in the celery, onions, green pepper, peas, corn, olives and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forSouthwestern Pasta Salad
"was o.k but not one of our favorites."
"Very tasty. We used black beans instead of the peas. I might try cubed cheese in it next time."