Southwestern Meat Loaf Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 3/4 cup salsa, cracker crumbs, cumin, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes; drain.
- Combine the rice, 1/2 cup cheese and remaining salsa. Spread over meat shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve with additional salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 276 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Feb 20, 2014
This is a very tasty option for somebody who likes "main course pies" with ground beef but prefers rice to pasta!
Jan 1, 2011
Excellent!! My whole family loved this! A keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.