Southwestern Meat Loaf Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 3/4 cup salsa, cracker crumbs, cumin, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes; drain.
- Combine the rice, 1/2 cup cheese and remaining salsa. Spread over meat shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve with additional salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 276 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2014
This is a very tasty option for somebody who likes "main course pies" with ground beef but prefers rice to pasta!
Jan 1, 2011
Excellent!! My whole family loved this! A keeper!