Here in the Southwest, we enjoy Mexican food. And this delicious dip always get rave reviews...no matter how often I make it. Everyone loves the great combination of chicken, bean dip and assorted toppings.
Recommended: 31 Dips You Can Snack on All Week
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) bean dip
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Spread bean dip evenly on a 10-in. to 12-in. serving platter; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and taco seasoning; spread carefully over bean dip.
- Sprinkle with olive, chicken, tomato, onion and cheese. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Dip in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p5
Reviews forSouthwestern Layer Bean Dip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2014
"This was good. I didn't use chicken, but added a layer of guacamole with pic ode gallo."
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2011
"This was just so-so, not bad & not anything special."