Southwestern Hot Dogs Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 hot dogs
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut a 1/2-in.-deep lengthwise slit in each hot dog. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each.
- 2. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 347 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Hot Dogs
"This recipe wasn't bad, but we didn't think it was that good either. I think it needed a bit more of the mayo/salsa mix. We liked the crunch of the tortilla chips though. I put the hotdogs on the rolls before putting them in the oven, so that made the roll a bit crispy as well (yum). Not sure I'd try this again, there are just other hot dog recipes I like better."
"Hands down the BEST hot dogs my husband and I have ever had!"