- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 hot dogs
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut a 1/2-in.-deep lengthwise slit in each hot dog. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSouthwestern Hot Dogs
"This recipe wasn't bad, but we didn't think it was that good either. I think it needed a bit more of the mayo/salsa mix. We liked the crunch of the tortilla chips though. I put the hotdogs on the rolls before putting them in the oven, so that made the roll a bit crispy as well (yum). Not sure I'd try this again, there are just other hot dog recipes I like better."
"Hands down the BEST hot dogs my husband and I have ever had!"