- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) golden hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSouthwestern Hominy
"This was a good way to spice up plain old hominy, especially since you don't see many recipes for hominy! We enjoyed it but thought it lacked something. Not sure what but I'd still try this again and maybe tweak it a bit."