"I had a similar dish at a restaurant in Arizona," recalls Marilyn Paradis of Woodburn, Oregon. "I enjoyed it so much I tried re-creating it at home. It's a special way to serve eggs."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 eggs, poached
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Set bacon aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in hash browns and chilies. Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
- Just before serving, add tomato. Spoon onto plates; top with eggs and bacon. Serve with salsa.