Jalapeno peppers are quite abundant in this area of the country, and there are numerous ranches here that raise lambs. People seem to be eating food that's a little hotter nowadays, so I think this recipe will appeal to them.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 lamb chops (1 inch thick)
- Sour cream
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill lamb chops, turning once, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes for medium-rare, 14-16 minutes for medium or 16-20 minutes for well-done. Brush with sauce during the last few minutes of grilling.
- Serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Grilled Lamb in Country June/July 1995, p51
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwestern Grilled Lamb
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review