Southwestern Grilled Lamb
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 lamb chops (1 inch thick)
- Sour cream
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill lamb chops, turning once, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes for medium-rare, 14-16 minutes for medium or 16-20 minutes for well-done. Brush with sauce during the last few minutes of grilling.
- Serve with sour cream.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Sep 1, 2016
This was just ok. The salsa overpowered the lamb
Jul 24, 2010
Amazingly tasty. This is a favorite grilling recipe when we entertain guests outdoors. People who have never eaten lamb before say when they taste these chops that it will be the first of many times. I often print out the recipe beforehand so that I'll have it when asked for -- and someone always asks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.