Southwestern Grilled Lamb
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 lamb chops (1 inch thick)
- Sour cream
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill lamb chops, turning once, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes for medium-rare, 14-16 minutes for medium. Brush with sauce during the last few minutes of grilling.
- Serve with sour cream.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 1, 2016
This was just ok. The salsa overpowered the lamb
Jul 24, 2010
Amazingly tasty. This is a favorite grilling recipe when we entertain guests outdoors. People who have never eaten lamb before say when they taste these chops that it will be the first of many times. I often print out the recipe beforehand so that I'll have it when asked for -- and someone always asks!