- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1/2 pound cod or haddock fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 taco shells
- Optional ingredients: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and lime wedges
- For sauce, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning. In another bowl, toss cod with lemon juice and remaining taco seasoning.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute cod just until it begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes (fish may break apart as it cooks). Spoon into taco shells; serve with sauce and remaining ingredients as desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSouthwestern Fish Tacos
"My husband liked these, I thought they were just OK. Still looking for that WOW factor in a recipe."
"YUM! Had 10 relatives over for a reunion and decided to try a TOH recipe for the first time. Because these recipes are tested and reviewed by other readers, I felt confident trying this one out. Delicious!! I have never made fish tacos before and this was a hit. Will make again for sure. Thanks for a great dinner, and rave reviews from my family. :)"
"Delicious! He sauce makes this dish. I use tilapia and garnish with tomatoes, lettuce, black beans and corn...and plenty of the sauce. I've already made it a couple times and will be making it again soon."
"I appreciated the simplicity of this recipe. As a beginner cook, it was wonderful to put such a beautiful meal together so quickly!However, I wasn't a huge fan of the sour cream + taco seasoning sauce. Not quite right. I'd like to figure out another way to make a seasoned sour cream topping."
"We really liked this! We didn't put the sour cream/mayo stuff on it. Just did the lemon/taco seasoning fish as directed and then used a coleslaw mix (with no dressing) and fresh diced tomatoes on it. Paired it with yellow rice and black beans and also had fajita veggies which I liked with the fish as well (ate two different tacos - one with veggies, one without). Even my picky seven year old ate it although he ate it on a whole wheat hot dog roll."
"easy to make, my family likes this recipe better than our favorite Mexican Restaurant."
"This is a great light snack!"
"I love fish, but have trouble getting my wife to eat it. However when we tried this recipe with a southwestern twist, she liked it too. It was simple and we will definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing.