Cooking is a hobby I've enjoyed for as long as I can remember I love experimenting with new recipes and trying them out on my willing family of taste testers. —Shirley Seitz, Affton, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup each shredded cheddar, part-skim mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a blender, process eggs and milk for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Cover with tomatoes and the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 263 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Southwestern Eggs in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.