Cooking is a hobby I've enjoyed for as long as I can remember I love experimenting with new recipes and trying them out on my willing family of taste testers. —Shirley Seitz, Affton, Missouri
Recommended: 40 Tex-Mex Recipes Bursting With Southwestern Flavor
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup each shredded cheddar, part-skim mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a blender, process eggs and milk for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Cover with tomatoes and the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Eggs in Country Pork 1996, p88
Reviews forSouthwestern Eggs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2012
"I substituted the sausage for ground turkey and it was fantastic, my picky 3 yr old even ate it!"